Chermoula is a Moroccan marinade which is the foundation for
most fish dishes in Morocco. These include Tagine,Baked fish, Fried sardines
stuffed with Chermoula & Fish Tagine mqualli. But this marinade can also be
used to marinate chicken.
- 1 large bunch of coriander(cilantro) finely chopped
- 4 pressed and finely chopped cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons of paprika
- One tablespoon of cumin
- One teaspoon of salt to taste
- One teaspoon of ginger ( this is optional)
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (also optional)
- Quarter teaspoon of saffron threads crumbled
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 small lemon juiced
- You will have to mix all the ingredients together in a bowl slowly making sure that the marinade is thick to your liking.
- When you want to marinade your chicken or fish you might want to add a tablespoon or 2 of water or a little bit more oil to thin the marinade so it is easier to spread over the chicken or fish.